Friday, July 8, 2011

8th Wedding Anniversary, Lily turns 4, & More

Wow! These past two weeks have been so busy!! That's pretty much all I can say write to describe them. I am trying to catch my breath really...

Speaking of having to catch my breath...have I told you how much I love this man??


I do...and deeply. He really does take my breath away.  8 years ago on the 6th we were married. Wow, time flies when you are having fun!! Seems like just yesterday we were saying "I do" and hopping into the getaway truck to set off on our 3 week road trip to Canada. Oh what a fun time!

And just look at this cutie! I love him! Well, not only because he is adorable but, because he really is an incredible person, father, husband, friend, nerve-calmer (more on that awesome trait in a bit), forgiver of my faults, and encourages me to no end. I am blessed by God to have him in my life.

Curious about when/how we started dating? See this post here.

Thank you, Rocky for your love. Happy Anniversary!

So...about him being an incredible nerve-calmer...well, like I said things have really been crazy but in a good way. He really does help me calm my nerves...

Lots going on, but more on that when I have time for another post and more explanation.

I wanted to share with you some photos from a recent shoot Rocky and I did of a mother and daughter duo we just met through my friend, Amy...

Meet Blakely and Brynley:






This was such a fun shoot! Just thought I would share some of the cute shots we got. ;-) If you are interested you can see more photos from the shoot HERE.


In other news...
Miss Lily just celebrated her 4th birthday on the 7th! Yes, she almost did not have her own special day...but, she does. Our wedding anniversary is on the 6th. So, just barely. ;-)

I still can't get over the fact that our baby is four. She is growing up so fast. She will always be our baby girl, though. Happy birthday, Lily! Your mommy, daddy, and brother love you beyond words...

Here is a shot of Lily helping make her birthday cupcakes for the pool party...she loves to bake!! I think she inherited that from me...i am much more of a baker than a cook. Hopefully (for her future husband's sake) she turns out to be both cook and baker. ;-)

cupcake making

And here is our newly 4 year old in action "picking & collecting" blueberries at grandma and grandpa's house...

blueberry goodness

Blueberries do not stand a chance with Lily and River around...
Here's proof.

Oh, and here is another shot from the grandparent's house (the massive veggie garden)...

33/365
collecting some garden goodies...




So...i skipped a portion of time when the family came to see us in Gulf Shores to celebrate Lily's birthday..that will come in a post soon. The blueberry and garden picking photos came from when we took a lightning fast trip back to TN 4th of July day... a business trip for Rocky. Everyone else went to work on the garden and sauerkraut making...we then headed back to Gulf Shores the following day.

More to come (especially from Lily's birthday get together at Fort Morgan)...but, for now I must go clean.

Have a blessed weekend, Lovelies!!
-kelly




No comments:

Post a Comment